Physical Address: The Henry Rust Building 2627 W. Idaho Street Boise, Idaho 83702 | Mailing Address: Po Box 637 Boise, Idaho 83701 | Call Now: (208) 338-1001

Foreign Judgements

Published On: September 20th, 2012 | Author: Perry Law, P.C. | Category: Civil Litigation Creditors' Rights Florida

If you obtain a judgment in any state other than Florida or in federal court, that judgment can entitle you to certain rights in Florida, provided the proper steps are followed.

  • First, a certified copy of the foreign judgment shall be filed with the Clerk of Court and eventually recorded.
  • Second, accompanying the foreign judgment are certain fees and affidavits, primarily to give judgment debtors and other interested parties sufficient information.
  • Third, there is a mandatory stay of execution or other action to enforce the foreign judgment for 30 days after the mailing of notice by the Clerk of Court and payment of the service charge. After that, normal Florida judgment procedures come into play, such as registering the judgment or recording it in additional counties. For help enforcing a foreign judgment please contact us.